Pages

Patience for Two




patience my love
the day will come before you know it
a clock will tick,
an engine will roar,
many miles will be a blur,
my heart will pound as the wheels touch down,
on a distant shore.

just a little longer now,
you're doing great,
i know you've waited lifetimes for this,
i have waited too,
lifetimes of sorrow and lonliness for this fate,
my destiny was always with you.

we made it past the liars,
we made it past the cheats,
it cost us our tears,
it cost us our hopes,
it broke our hearts,
and it wore our souls thin,
but i promise you my love it will not happen again.

wait now, wait just a little while,
i'll reach out to you and grab your hand,
with a nervous smile  I'll look into your eyes as i pull you close,
i'll hold onto you so tight against myself,
i want to hold you now,
my heart is aching,
just a little bit longer now.

i am beside myself,
but the day is breaking,
and i will be with you soon.

patience my love,
don't forget to hold a place for me,
hold a place for me at your table,
save a place for me by your pillow,
save a place for me in your heart,
never give up,
never lose faith,
you are the one,
you are my girl,
you were since i first saw you.

an eyelid will flutter,
a light will flicker,
things will become clearer,
and i will be there right next to you,
reach out,
i'm in front of you,
you will know,
and i will kiss you,
patience.



Get More>>>12



Back to Famous Love Poetry Home



No comments:

Post a Comment