Pages

The Scream

the scream
"The Scream" (skrik) was an expressionist piece by Norwegian artist Edvard Munch believe to have been painted in 1893. There are actually 4 of these art works. 2 are paintings and 2 are pastels. Munch described his inspiration for the artwork in the following statement:



"I was walking along a path with two friends – the sun was setting – suddenly the sky turned blood red – I paused, feeling exhausted, and leaned on the fence – there was blood and tongues of fire above the blue-black fjord and the city – my friends walked on, and I stood there trembling with anxiety – and I sensed an infinite scream passing through nature." - Edvard Munch (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream

The scream is set to go on the auction block soon and break major selling records. So I decided since the Mona Lisa stuff is doing so well here, maybe I'll add a little more art humor. Enjoy.

creepier version

oh no luigi 

home alone scream

screaming rabbits

the biscuits are burning pillsbury dough boy

homer simpson scream

No comments:

Post a Comment