Pages

Gravity Fed Thinking

Gravity. What is it? You probably don't think much about gravity, nor do you care about it, but I do. I wish you did. It is what is suppose to be keeping us all here on this planet we call earth. It is said to be the force that keeps us all from falling off the face of our round earth while its spinning around. Recently I was thinking about gravity, while I was thinking of hover cars. I mean its the year 2010 already, and there are no hover cars yet. And I don't mean something with a big air bag under it. That's not hovering. Hover means to have no contact with the ground. To float above it, and the space underneath to be open air. I'm talking the kind of stuff we saw in the "Back to the Future" movies. I was discussing the attempts at so called anti-gravity being tested at different universities, and other testing grounds. I saw one on the discovery channel with a frog. The point of the tests was to figure out how to use anti-gravity to overcome the gravitational force of the earth, so that ships could fly into the air without thrust(which is currently used today).
So it got me thinking about gravity itself. I remember the explanation they gave us in school, but as far as I can remember it wasn't very detailed. It was basically "the force that keeps objects from floating away." Something like that. But then I was left with even more questions. So I decided to do a little research online. Maybe there was something I had forgotten, or something my teachers hadn't mentioned in school. I came upon this site first http://www.howstuffworks.com/question232.htm , and this was the explanation of gravity in the first paragraph:

"Every time you jump, you experience gravity. It pulls you back down to the ground. Without gravity, you'd float off into the atmosphere -- along with all of the other matter on Earth."

That sounds alot like what I said. But that can't be it. Its doesn't really answer what gravity is. So I did some more research. This time I went to wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitation) This is what I found:

"Gravitation, or gravity, is one of the four fundamental interactions of nature, along with strong interaction, electromagnetic force and weak interaction. It is the means by which objects with mass attract one another. In everyday life, gravitation is most familiar as the agent that lends weight to objects with mass and causes them to fall to the ground when dropped."

So now I think about it. What does that mean? "Its the means by which objects with mass attract one another"? All objects have mass. If it doesn't have mass it wouldn't exist. Who wrote this? Maybe they don't know what mass is. Anyway continuing on. "The means by which objects attract one another." That sounds like magnetism to me. Are they saying gravity is magnetism? "Gravitation is most familiar as the agent that lends weight to objects and causes them to fall to the ground when dropped." Ok hang on. If gravity is pulling objects together, then how can you say fall? Being pulled towards something is not falling.
Something just didn't seem right, so I did some more looking. Everything I found was saying the same thing with a few words changed here, and there, but basically the same thing. Gravity is the force that keeps things from floating away. WTF? That's an answer to why we don't float away? The force that keeps is from floating away is the force that keeps us from floating away? That's not an answer. Oh but they named it. "Gravity". That makes it a real answer.
Let me ask you something (anyone reading this), do you feel like you might just float away? Do you feel there's something pulling you down? Cause I don't. I jump up and fall cause of my weight. The bigger I am the faster I will fall. That's just common sense. We've all witnessed it personally. There is a force that keeps us all in our place, but I've began to doubt the uneducated guess called "gravity" we've been given. Yeah I said it. They haven't even worked all the details out on it, and the evidence is ..well evidence of what? Its not even an answer. "The force that keeps us from floating away is the force that keeps us from floating away" is not an answer. And the little details they figured out make no sense.
So you're probably thinking now, ok genius. You think you're so bright? Think you're more intelligent then the brightest minds known to the scientific world? What geniuses? The more I read about these so called scientist scientific explanations of things, the more convinced I am that they are either complete idiots, but smarter than the rest of the worlds idiots, or they are frauds.
And now onto your second question. What's my theory? Its simple Sherlock. Pressure. You float in water because the mass of it is larger than you, the total weight of it is heavier than you, and the thickness of the liquid gives you something to push on. You will sink through water, because it is not a solid, but you can float on it. A solid you cannot pierce so easily. You would need to break through it by force. And a gas you would fall through so easily, but since its not a liquid, not thick enough (the particles are too far apart), there is nothing for you to grab onto to float. You just fall right through the particles.
Those particles, solids, liquids, gases, (etc), fill every single bit of space. The air around you is gases. The atmosphere is full of gases. The universe is full of gases. Think of all that gas. Put it together that's alot of weight on you. Its the pressure of the total weight of gases that is keeping your butt attached to the earth. The weight above you is more than that below you, and thus you are kept from floating away. Ta da.

No comments:

Post a Comment