Pages

Missing: Socks







Where do all the missing socks go?

I put a pair of socks into the washer, and out comes a pair of socks. Then I put them into the dryer, and out comes one sock. Huh? Where did the other go?

Now of course I try to explain to myself rationally that I probably just thought I put a pair in, but really it was just the one. I should be more careful when doing laundry. I need to make sure that I count everything, and be sure not to drop anything on the ground. Yes. Then we won't (we? I'm freak'n gollum now... ohhh precious), have this problem anymore with the missing socks.

Then it happens again. And again. And then again. Huh? Where are they?

So I look into the dryer. Maybe it got stuck somewhere. I stick my head inside and look around. Nothing. Then I have a thought. Hmmm. I wonder. It seems impossible, but I decide to check anyway. I open up the lint trap, and inspect the contents.

Do you think all those socks could have been reduced to lint? No. No. Of course not. Why wouldn't all the clothes be lintanized?

And I'm not alone. People all over the world for as long as washers and dryers have existed have complained of disappearing socks, and have blamed it on everything from human error to sock gnomes. I bet if you check your laundry right now you'll find that some of your socks are missing. Go check!

Will anyone solve this mystery?



More Questions From Flim Flam Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment