Pages

There She Blows. (Embarrasing Story # Uno)




This story takes place at a Summer camp in Eagle Rock Georgia (U.S.), during the mid 90's. I was in middle school, and my school decided to pay for a few of us "less fortunate" kids to attend this expensive summer camp. This camp was more like prison to me. Not the kind of camp where you just do whatever you want. We had chores, and jobs. There was very little free time. One of the classes I had to attend was swim/dive class. That's where you learn different swimming and diving techniques, along with water rescue, and CPR.

Okay so now with that really long intro comes the really short story. After hours of swimming back and forth in this larger than Olympic sized pool, the swim teacher decided to introduce us to the diving board. She told us just to go up there and jump off, to get a feel for the board. So, people are going and jumping off. Some feet first, and others belly flops. I decided that I'm going to add a little style. So I go for a flip. I succeed. Everyone is impressed.

I should mention now that I was the only guy in that class. There was about 10 students total, plus the female instructor, and I was the only guy. So, for my next jump, I decided to go for the double.

Kids, remember this lesson: If you succeed at doing something you've never done before, consider it beginner's luck. Walk away with your head up high, and let it go.

So, up on the diving board I go. I do my double little kick walk, and leap off the diving board into the air. I do 2 flips, and I know that I've accomplished my goal before I even hit the water. As I'm going down to the bottom of the pool all I can think is "Perfect dive." Then I look up and see everyone looking down into the water at me. But before I could even think, I see a pair of swim trunks float overhead. I'm like, wait a second. Who's are those? And I look down. Oh.

End of story.



Next